Saturday, May 4, 2013

One Month to go (Week 44)

This week was a pretty simple week. The girl's were off school and we had the holiday program for them to go to. They could do art, watch movies, play games, etc. It was a long week for me though. I spent most of the days with the kids and then had to go home and not have much down time to myself. I really realized the importance of my alone time to recover and re energize. Also, this week I struggled with feeling alone at the home and realized it more than the past weeks how isolating it can be. There were a few arguements between the girls this week and I could tell they were arguing but it was in Siswati so I wasn't completely sure what was going on and it took forever for them to tell me what was going on. It was really frustrating because I wanted to be able to help them solve it because it wasn't happening on their own and no one would explain the problem. I haven't minded them all speaking in Siswati before when things are good and they are joking. It's been good to hear them laughing and having a good time but when they are fighting and it continues without  resolve, I just felt really helpless and very much an outsider. It has been a rough week emotionally for me I think, with feeling like an outsider and knowing I only have a month left. I am really anxious to come home and see what God has for me at home. I've been thinking a lot about what I am going to do when I get home and I have all these different ideas but I know I need to just trust God and for the time being be focused here in Swaziland. I only have 4 weeks left and need to put all my effort into these girls and helping them to continue to adjust to living with each other and to help with the transition from when I leave to when the next volunteer comes. I know God continues to have things in his control but it is hard to let go and let him work (no matter how many times I have to let go of something it's never easy). But God will work everything out just how it was meant to be. And I am trusting in him to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment