Saturday, May 25, 2013

One week to go....Week 47

I can't believe I now only have one week left in Swaziland. This past week was a good week. I did a lot of preparing notes and the files of the girls for our next year long volunteer. I am starting to realize that next week I am heading home and it has given me more of an appreciation for the time that I have with the girls, the other volunteers, etc. I am definitely taking everything in and trying to enjoy the last days I have here. I mean I am really excited to come home and see everyone. But it is definitely a bittersweet feeling. I spent a whole year with these people. They are my second family and it will be hard to leave them!
 The girls are doing well. They started back to school this week and I think it is good for them to get back into the swing of things and it gives them something to do. Things with Tenele are going well. She went to visit her mother this weekend. So it could be the start of rebuilding their relationship. I had a few struggles with our young girl, Sindi, 9 years old. She is learning to follow rules and know her boundaries. I think she didn't have any of that in her life and it is a struggle everyday for her to follow rules and listen! She has definitely tested my patience and I am learning to love her even though she pushes my buttons. Actually, I have really been relying on my past training to work with her on her behavior! It is challenging but I know she doesn't know any better and this whole thing of rules and boundaries and personal space is all very new to her. It is definitely making me grow too. I have one week left and feel like I have a lot to do but am hoping to enjoy my time here before I head home. Prayers for a good last week and a smooth transition for when I come home and for the girls as I leave would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment