Saturday, May 11, 2013

Week 45....3 weeks until home...bittersweet feelings!

This was the girl's second week off school. We didn't have the holiday program so they had to find some things to do. On Monday, Jan and Julius, the two german volunteers, came and worked on the garden with them. They finished planting their first vegetables and I think they are very proud! It will be awesome when they will be able to harvest them. They won't have to buy them at the store or the market, they can just go out to the side yard and pick their vegetables. Also, we played some games, which was a lot of fun! Then on Tuesday, Riita, a finish volunteer, came and spent the night with the girls. The girls loved this. Riita taught them how to crochet and did their nails. They had a great time! Wednesday was a relaxed day, they didn't do too much. I had a meeting with some people at MYC about what is going to happen when I leave and before the next volunteer comes. It went well for the most part but there is still a struggle with what to do with Tenele. She is due in June after I leave and before Mary-Kate and the group come at the end of June. We are having a meeting this coming week with the counselor to see what we can do. The whole situation is really wearing on me and I am so tired of fighting with them. When Riita stayed over she asked me the next morning if I knew I grind my teeth. I never have done that in the past and I think the stress of this situation and what's at stake for Tenele is really getting to me. I just continue to pray that God will work things out! I am working to trust him and give him all my burdens and stress! It's a work in progress!
Then, Thursday I was at the volunteer house because it was Riita's last day before returning home. We had a nice dinner for her. On Friday, a few girls went to counseling in the morning and then in the afternoon, Titi, a Swazi friend I met the first time I was here, came and visited the girls for the afternoon. It was nice to have her there and she may in the future help out more in the transition of volunteers! So overall, the week has been good for the girls and they are enjoying each others company and really becoming a family! I love being apart of their lives and will really miss them when I leave in 3 weeks. 3 weeks! I can't believe it's that close. It still feels so far away but I know time will go so fast! I think that is another reason I am feeling stressed because I know that I only have 3 weeks to do all that I need to do before I leave! But I know God is faithful and everything will go the way he has planned it. I just have to remember to trust his plan not mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment