Saturday, April 27, 2013

Our God Redeems! (Week 43)

On Monday, I had a meeting with some MYC staff and trustees of the girl's home board about Tenele. It was found out that Tenele is again pregnant. She was taking to the clinic and found out that she was 7 months pregnant and due in June! So, in the meeting we discussed the ramifications of how that would effect the home and what would need to be done. It was suggested that Tenele go and talk with a counselor about being pregnant again and her life and the possibility of living with her mother again, which she does not have a good relationship with. I'm still not sure how I feel about this idea but I took Tenele on Friday to see the counselor and the counselor shared that Tenele blames herself for everything that has happened in her life. She said her mother doesn't love her and she really has no self worth. She has a lot of bitterness towards her mom and it will probably take some time to work through that. My heart breaks for her. She is a beautiful girl and has a beautiful heart. She knows God loves her but now she needs to let go of the shame and blame from her past! It's a hard thing to do but God is a God of grace and love and mercy and redemption! I have great faith that he will Redeem her! God is in control and I feel very at peace about the situation, knowing God has a plan. So I would just ask for prayers for Tenele as she goes through this next phase in life and that she would feel the love and support around her.
On another note, the girls ended school this week and on Thursday, we got to take them and some other kids from MYC to Mlilwane, to swim and play and have some lunch. They had a good time and I felt like it was a nice way to end the term for the girls. They have 3 weeks off of school so it will be interesting to see how they do living with each other and being together a lot of the time. Luckily, two of the weeks there will be a holiday program through MYC and they will be able to play games, do art, etc. I'm excited to enjoy the last few weeks I have with the girls before I head home at the beginning of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment