Saturday, April 20, 2013

Week 1 of the Litsemba Lemphilo (Hope for life) home (Week 42 overall)

The home has now been open for a week! I started to feel much better midweek about being in the home and adjusting to living with the girls! The girl's are loving it and enjoying their time together. But, of course, they are girls and have had their arguments amongst themselves, which is normal. Things were going well up until Thursday when their was a concern from the office. Two of the office staff went up to the home and found Tenele and Lucia, her baby, in the home. They called me and were upset that they had not been informed of her staying there. I shared that I had gone through the proper channels as they had told me to do. I went through our Social Welfare Department and the Department in Manzini. They raised a lot of concerns and I shared that I did not agree with them and believed that she was exactly the kind of girl we should be helping. They had some other concerns which were discussed and now we have to have a meeting next week with some of the board. So, Thursday was an emotional day for me! Actually, I was really upset. Tenele has been through so much and this could potentially be another thing to go wrong in her life. On Friday, I had individual meetings with the girls to see how things were going and ask them some questions. I asked Tenele what her goal in life was and she told me her life was a mess, it was nothing, that she had no goal. It broke my heart. This girl, needs this home, the love of Christ. We were called to help the broken and hurting. She is broken, she is hurt! She needs to know that God loves her and that she can have a goal. And Mary-Kate can attest to this, Tenele has felt God's love and has changed in so many ways and I know whatever happens God is in control! He will take care of her so my prayer is that God will work everything out and this won't be an issue! I pray our meeting this next week goes smoothly! I seriously, felt like my feet were just swept up from under me on Thursday morning. Things had been going well the home was finished and we were all starting to adjust to living together. It was like things were too good and something had to be disturbed. (Side note: Tenele doesn't know anything about the situation, which I think for now is good!) But I know God is in control and I am trusting Him to walk me through this time, especially as I get ready to leave and head home in 6 weeks.
On Friday, however, was a holiday, the King's birthday. We spent the time at home and it was nice to hang out with the girls, watch movies, play games, dance, etc. I had a really good time with them and enjoyed the day. It was a much better day then the day before. It nice to be reminded why you are doing what you are doing. These girl's are great and I see great potential in them. God is going to do great things in their lives! Yebo Jesu!!!!
(Pictures to come soon hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment