Saturday, January 12, 2013

"Struck down but NOT destroyed" (Week 28)


This week was kind of a difficult week. We got back from Cape Town on Sunday and Monday were right back into things, the office is still closed until the 14th of January but there is always plenty to do. Since I've been back, I've been feeling out of place and maybe even feeling a bit attacked. I know the girl's home is opening soon and so I think things may get a bit harder before then. I think satan has been trying to discourage me and take away my joy this week. This week was rough emotions wise. I had to fight every day to remind myself why I am here and who God is. I had to fill myself with the truth to combat the lies satan was telling me! Overall, the week went well activity wise. We had a holiday program for the youth in the area. We played soccer, showed movies, had an art room for them to draw and color, and other things. It went well and the youth loved it! We did that Wednesday-Friday from 11-4. On Wednesday, I got a call from Betty, a volunteer, recommending a house mother. She gave me her number and I called her and set up a meeting for Friday. On Friday morning, I met with the lady, she seemed nice, smart, had experience working with girls before and had a 10 year old daughter. She had shared that she had some struggles in the past year but that she was doing much better. I feel like she is a good option. So I told her I would call her on Monday as she needs to meet with some other people on the girl's home board to be interviewed. However, after I met with her I found out information from a relative that I shouldn't hire her. I think this is one thing I have to let God in control of. On first impression, I feel good about her but sometimes people can fool you. I am still going to have her meet with the girl's home board and see what they think. I don't want to just disregard because maybe God wants to use her in the home. We will see how things go when the board meets with her. I am trying to let God be in control of things but it is more difficult then it seems! 

I've been telling people all week that I'm doing well and things are good but I'm really struggling right now. This is actually really hard for me to admit and write in my blog because I don't want people worrying about me at home, and I don't like to admit that I may need some help. I'm a pretty independent person and asking for help means I can't do it on my own and that I have to give up control of the situation (as I stated above). And God has been showing me how much control I like to have and how I need to let go and let him move. So on the one hand this week has been hard and emotional with wanting to be home and feeling lonely and out of place but on the other hand, God has showed me how much I need to stand apart from this world, how I need to let go control of situations I can't do anything about (like things with the girl's home at the moment) and let God move. I did a lot of praying this week to God for guidance and strength and even though it doesn't feel like it, I know he's got everything under control and I don't have to worry. He'll take my worries, my burdens so that I can be free of them! So, I would really love prayers for everything that is ahead in the next 4 and a half months before I come home! I want to let God use me to the fullest while I'm here. I don't want to come home with any regrets!!!

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” -Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment