Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Our plans are not God's plans!" Week 29

Swimming at the pool for the Holiday Program!
The office reopened on Monday and my week was insanely busy from Monday-Friday! I helped a few kids get into school. We went and visited a few schools and then helped them register. I continued to help out some with the holiday program, swimming with the kids and playing soccer with them. Thursday morning we had a girl's home meeting and it looked like we were going to be able to open the girl's home by the end of January but then we went and saw the home. It seems as though it maybe sometime in February that it opens. At this point, we are waiting for the money to come in so that the renovations can continue. We have money coming from Hosea's Heart, a former volunteer, and an organization in Germany called Bon. Once all this money arrives we will be able to finish the renovations and start buying the furniture and appliances for the home. On friday, I went with Sister Judith, who is helping with the girl's home, to a furniture store to check on prices and see if we bought in bulk if we could get a discount. It was a very productive week. I felt like I had more of a purpose this week. I was feeling much better at the beginning of this week then last week. After our girl's home meeting on Thursday though, I was feeling a bit discouraged. The house mother I had met with fell through and then the home being open by the end of January appears to not be realistic. I think I had been trying to push things because I only have 4 and a half months left and I want to be in the home and work with the girls, and do what I came here to do. But as I've been learning our plans aren't God's plans! Thursday evening I was sitting on the balcony thinking about the day, and God just brought that phrase to mind, our plans are not His plans. I had been trying to push things and make them what I thought they should be, in the time I thought they should be and really I should've just been letting God in control. So even though I am at times frustrated with the situation and wonder what I'm doing here if the home isn't open yet, I know God has me here for a purpose and I know His plan is so much better than mine! So, I am trying to hold onto that truth. Our plans are not God's plans. We just have to trust that he has everything under control. (That seems to be a reoccuring lesson that God is teaching me! Trust Him and let go of control.)



No comments:

Post a Comment