Monday, February 6, 2012

GOD IS FAITHFUL!!!!!!

"Be true and real to who God has called you to be. Don't let others stop you in your pursuit of what God is calling you to. Be faithful in your response to His call because God is being faithful to you! He loves you!" I wrote that little letter to myself a few months ago at Saturate (a young adult ministry at a local church). I received the letter right before Christmas, I don’t know why but I never really looked at it. The other morning I was going through some of the stuff in my room and I found the card. It was such an encouragement. I have been struggling, as I wrote in my previous post, with all the things I'm going to be missing while I'm gone and just having a lot of emotions about leaving. I had a really creepy dream the night before and woke up feeling not right, like the dream was demonic or not of God. So I prayed against it and opened the bible app on my Ipod because I couldn’t get rid of that feeling. The verse that came up when I opened it was Matthew 16:16 “Simon Peter answered, ‘You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.’” It was exactly what I needed. God IS faithful and has been faithful through everything even when I don’t realize it. He’s been faithful in continuing to work in me; changing me to be more like Him; and having everything fall into place for me to go to Swaziland.  I've raised just about $2,000 in a little over a month for my trip! God is truly faithful and He continually reminds me of that! 

2 comments: