Sunday, February 3, 2013

Continually amazed by God (Week 31)


This week was much better than last week! It was a busy week! I did a lot of different things like working in the office, finishing up buying school shoes for the boys, and pricing furniture for the girl's home. On Tuesday, I got a call from Ayanda sharing that Johannes was upset and crying and she asked me to come to Mangwaneni. It's a 20 minute walk. So I walked there but by the time I got there Johannes had disappeared and we couldn't find him. So, later that night I got a call from him telling me he was fine but he wasn't at home. I talked with him later in the week and he shared that he was having some troubles at home. He was so terrified to tell me what had happened! I think it was the first time I felt like I was getting through to him though. He shared how he was feeling and what happened and I just told him that if he continues to run away from his problems it will end up hurting him in the long run. It was really cool to see him slowly open up to me and share what had happened. He doesn't trust anyone and I could see on his face how hurt he was and how much pain all this was causing him. He's a stubborn boy with a good heart. He just needs some encouragment to be open and trust. (Though, I totally understand why he doesn't trust anyone with everything he's gone through.)
On Thursday, I went and saw the girl's home and had asked earlier in the day if they would leave it unlocked for me so I could show my friend the home and take some pictures. Well, we get there and it's pouring rain and it's locked. You could kind of see inside the windows and such but it didn't look like much had been done in the past week, there was a hole in the ceiling. So, I decided I'd go the next morning and talk with the girl's home board about the renovations taking forever and maybe we should have another contractor come in to finish the job if they are going to take their time. I was going to bring up the fact that we now have 6 girls for the home and they should be in the home asap. I had a hard time sleeping because I was thinking about what I was going to say. The next morning I read this verse: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither be afraid.” John 14:27 It was just what I needed to hear. I was anxious about telling them what I was feeling. As I walked to the office I was prayed for peace, for God to be in control of the situation and it to go how he wanted it, not how I want it to go. I get to the office and in the doorway is Sister Judith, she is helping with the girl's home. She tells me that the workers are finishing up today and that on Monday we'll go see it and then start buying furniture! I was so shocked. It actually made me laugh a little because I was totally expecting to have to share how I was feeling and I was ready to defend these girls so the home would open asap. But God had everything planned. I just love how he works sometimes. Now, we will see how the home looks on Monday and if it's ready but I am trusting that God has everything under control and I don't need worry about anything! I would appreciate prayers for the home to be done and furniture to be bought next week so that within the week/week and a half these girls can move into the home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment