Saturday, December 22, 2012

Week 25....Preparing for Christmas


Since the office closed last Friday, I thought this week would be a little less busy and relaxed, but it wasn't! Monday-Wednesday I ran around with another volunteer helping with the boys and checking on the kids. We took one boy to SACRO, a organization to help/rehabilitate young crime offenders, he stole some phones and then stole some money from out of a car, so he needs help before he gets sent to prison for stealing. We took some children to SWAGGA for counselling and we checked on the orphans whom we had placed at our orphanage last week. They are doing well and are happy at the home. On Thursday, we started to put together the gifts for the kids. We got a bunch of donations and then we went out and bought a few more things for the children. We have 93 kids in our care so we had to organize and put together everything for 93 gifts. It will make for a long day on Saturday of wrapping gifts! On Friday, we took the older boys, high school and trade school age, to Mlilwane Game Reserve. We swam, played soccer, and had lunch. It was a great time, minus the fact that I am now really burnt haha. But I think the boys really enjoyed their time and i'm sure it was great for them to get out of town for a little while. I really enjoyed the day being able to hang out with them and get to know them better! This weekend, will be filled with wrapping Christmas presents and getting the meal together for Christmas day for the boys who weren't able to go home for the holidays.

This Christmas will actually be my first Christmas away from home. Since we've been so busy I haven't really had time to think about the fact that I won't be home. We will be busy up until Christmas and then we will have a Braii/BBQ on Christmas day with the children, so my hope is that beause I'll be busy I won't have time to think about not being home for Christmas. However, I would appreciate prayers because I think it will be hard even though we have things going on. I know that God has me here for a purpose and things with the girl's home is coming together but times like these, holidays, special events happening, etc. make me miss home a lot. So prayers that I would be present here with the children would be appreciated! I hope you all have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year! ( I am headed to Cape Town, South Africa for a week or so with some of the other volunteers the day after Christmas for a little vacation. So I may not be able to post a blog until I get back in January.)

No comments:

Post a Comment